Self assessment

I have changed, I walked into this class thinking I could do it without changing myself and who I am around. But that’s not what happened. I molded myself into someone new using the lessons I didn’t know I was learning and the attitude I was developing. I know my writing has evolved into a much more driven version of myself and I speak now without worrying that I’ll be ridiculed for how my voice comes through my work. It has also made it easier for me to understand and comprehend many of our classes’ objectives. I understand that as a society we use our words to bring and inspire people, and many of our class readings taught me this as well as in my writing as well.

I understand that understanding works on a much deeper level, helping me to truly understand the messages and their impact of it. I use this tool in my day-to-day when I see many things from graffiti art and impromptu messages, this tool lets me connect to the messages of these world issues.”Recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations.”

Another tool I often use is my skill to properly edit and change my words to portray myself either as much smarter or help someone else understand my written rants about my favorite topics. I didn’t notice my use of these tools until recently and it made me feel proud of my ability to pick it up as quickly as I did and properly use it so often.”Examine how attitudes towards linguistic standards empower and oppress language users.”

I completely fell in love with using different programs that I haven’t ever used before, I often wrote n paper before and when I did write on a computer it was strictly Google doc as it was instructed for me to do, and overall I fell in love with the different writing software and Microsoft work has many helping programs for disabled people in case they might not be able to read my work, so I can truly appreciate the practice in different technologies. “Understand and use print and digital technologies to address a range of audiences.”

As well as I learned many new tips and tricks in my few months and the ability to find proper sources and it actually what I need was and is very useful especially since I hadn’t write understood at first but now, I completely get it and it is the best since sliced bread.”Locate research sources (including academic journal articles, magazine, and newspaper articles) in the library’s databases or archives and on the Internet and evaluate them for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias.”

Overall, my work hasn’t been anything but amazing since I arrived and started knocking the socks off everyone, I love all the tips and tricks here and my favorite way to write is now changed as I can express myself more evenly while also having proper spelling and grammar. I, however, haven’t been able to follow all the lessons and objectives in our class, but I think my worst skill and tool is citations and how it is hard to create and use in-text citations. so I hope shortly I can truly keep that promise to the standard I hold myself to and can properly write a research paper. or like the syllabus says “Practice systematic application of citation conventions.”

Lastly, I think in my mind there might always be room to grow but I think I am nearing the best I can be once I shed my skin of “proper English” and that the way I write is wrong or bad. So, one day I hope I can truly say I shed that and became a new person like a lizard and properly have all these objectives down in the next couple of weeks. In the end, I am successful in my own eyes and I hope you all see the same thing I do